Monday 9 February 2009

Well, that wasn't expected!



It's been a bit of a strange week here. After the disruptions caused by snow on Monday and Tuesday, we found our weekend taking a different turn than that which we had imagined. It was one of those silly things. Miss Chatterbox was upstairs (supposedly) brushing her teeth, when we heard one of those screams. The kind that makes you drop whatever you were doing and run. Fast. Very fast.

Miss Chatterbox had somehow (and we still don't know how) managed to get her finger caught in the hinge side of the door and it wasn't pretty. I thought from looking at it that it wasn't good, and when my husband said we need to go to A&E I definitely knew.


At A&E we found out that she had actually broken the bone and were asked to come back today to the plastic surgery team for an operation to clean the wound and to stitch the finger together - well at least that's what we thought.


We left the hospital this evening with Miss Chatterbox, but with the addition of a metal rod which goes down through the middle of her bone and her finger. Plus, the biggest bandage I have ever seen! Gosh. We hadn't expected that.

I'm no stranger to the hospital, I've had a lot of stays there myself in the past two and a half years, but it was so different seeing Miss C succumb to the anesthetic. I would gladly have changed places rather than see her lying there. But Miss Chatterbox, my little four year old, this little person who screams when she has a tiny scratch, has been a star, an absolute angel. No complaints, no hysterics and she hasn't stopped talking all day!


I am so proud of her.

7 comments:

  1. Blimey!
    Poor Miss Chatterbox!
    What a brave girl!
    Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Poor wee girl, glad she seems to be coping okay. What a brave girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, poor Miss Chatterbox. I know that scream you mentioned - we had one last week. Thought No.2 was going to lose a front grown-up tooth, but in the end it was ok. Phew.

    Hope Miss C mends soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little Miss C - she's such a brave girl! Hope she mends very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bless her heart, she looks as though she's recovering well!!

    Take care

    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How brave! I hope your little sweetie heals up well and fast!

    Love your blog -- will visit again soon!

    :)S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jesus, have you seen these posts on my blog:

    http://kitschycoo.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-hero.html

    It's an identical story!!!

    ReplyDelete