Monday 20 April 2009

Back in good ol' Blighty!



We spent Easter with my In-Laws in the Netherlands. I had hoped to post something before we left home, but in the frantic washing-ironing-packing madness, I just never found the time. I don't know whether it was the weather, or the fact that we deliberately hadn't made too many appointments to meet up with friends, but it was so very relaxed and felt just like a holiday.

I had decided to make everyone a rabbit cosy for Easter morning breakfast, but hadn't realised that DLL's brother and family would be there at the same time too, and so I was knitting frantically to get the rabbits for them finished on the ferry over! Fortunately, they all got finished in time, though it was a very close call









In the afternoon, we had an egg hunt

For the rest of our stay, it was a delicious time of having to do nothing apart from the odd visit to friends.

The children discovered old classics



and on Wednesday, it was warm enough to go to the beach.

I managed to do some other knitting, apart from the bunnies, and did a few more squares of my blanket.


I also started these socks, with Paper Moon (50% merino, 50% silk) from Posh Yarn. Mrs Stash Basket, you have a lot to answer for - I'm refusing to think about the money I have spent here, since you introduced me to it!


I also did a bit of shopping, though this time was very restrained and didn't buy any yarn. (It is sooo much cheaper than in the UK) Instead, I treated myself to some ribbon and fabric - will show pictures in the next post.


It's good to be back, though I'm trying to ignore the enormous pile of washing that is lurking behind the utility room door....!

5 comments:

  1. Love the knitted cosies! Sounds like you had a great time. We stayed at home this year and it is the first time we have not done an Egg Hunt. Must make sure we do next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you HAVE been busy! All wonderful makes - I must get Julie's rabbit cosy pattern for next year. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok - help me where do you buy yarn in NL?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!
    Your Summer garden squares look gorgeous, its SO lovely to see "my" squares in another Life, I am loving it!!
    Thanks so much for sharing
    Love to you
    Lucexxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete