Saturday 25 July 2009

Catching up....


Oh dear - it's been well over a week since I last wrote anything. I do have a good excuse, honest - two cases of suspected swine flu (one of them me) and 4 children at home for the summer holidays have meant that my time and energy levels have been somewhat depleted. It does mean that my posting may well be on the sporadic side for the coming six weeks, so please bear with me!

So, what have I been doing? Well, the visit from my 'in-laws' was lovely, as usual. We had a great time and I wished they could have stayed longer. I'm really looking forward to next year when we move back to The Netherlands so that we can see them more often. I'm not looking forward to the move itself though, nor the packing that that will entail!. Ah well, plenty of time yet.

While they were here, we spent some time in London, taking in a few sights. It's silly, we live less than an hour away, but rarely make the journey. Should do it more often...


We saw dinosaurs at the Natural History museum, and also paid a quick visit to the V&A. Ladybug and Miss Chatterbox were particularly taken with the jewellery exhibition, and Ladybug wants to be the Queen so that she 'can wear jewels and crowns (tiaras) like that....'

We also said 'hello' to the Queen, who was 'having a cup of tea' (Miss Chatterbox) and then went to see Big Ben as the girls had just done a project about it at school. The Engineer was noticeably absent for our little trip, spending instead the weekend under canvas, on his very first Cub camp without grown ups !

There's lots more to tell, lots of crafty makes and knitting progress, but I'll keep that for the next post! I need to finish my seaside swap first as the deadline is nearly upon me and I'm not finished yet - eek! I'll be sharing the lovely goodies I received from my swap partner next time too....

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were moving next year!

    Great pics as usual :)

    ReplyDelete