Tuesday 4 June 2013

A paper pieced flower patch!

 
As I mentioned in my last post, it took me so long to finish  my crochet blanket, that we moved house in the middle and it no longer fitted with the new colour scheme.

 
So I began a new project.
 

One I'd never done before.

 
It's become a bit of an addiction.

 
And slowly my flower patch is growing,

 
one hexagon at a time!

 
I'm hoping this one will be finished before we move house again,

 
so that it can sit at the foot of our bed,

 
- but who knows?!

 
Cath Kidston fabric paper pieced hexagon flowers, surrounded by white vintage sheeting. All sewn by hand...








3 comments:

  1. This is coming along beautifully! I hope you get it finished and put into use also, I think it will add a very lovely touch to your home.

    Terry in Colorado

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's my first go at paper piecing, and as it's all done by hand, I know that it will be a long term project! I have NO idea how I am to quilt it though....!

      Delete
    2. Wow! That is quite a challenge you have started there. Not made hexagons for years and years. Perhaps I should have a go.
      X

      Delete